HEAD OF EVENT PRODUCTION
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C) has been empowering game creators and innovators to drive real-world change, using games and immersive media that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to making the world a better place. G4C partners with technology and gaming companies as well as nonprofits, foundations and government agencies, to run world class events, public arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
Games for Change is seeking a Head of Event Production to join our growing team. This person will work closely with the organization’s President and the Executive Producer of the 2022 G4C Festival to help produce our flagship event along with developing and producing other key events including: XR Brain Jam, G4C Next Gen Summit, pop-up G4C Arcades and Game Jams.
This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM ET. G4C is currently operating remotely but may transition to a hybrid model in 2022. This position is located in NYC.
- Partner with Festival Executive Producer on all aspects of the annual G4C Festival including venue scouting and contracts, onsite event logistics, such as staffing, signage, shipping, pre-event meetings, prepping keynotes, and evening receptions
- Lead the technical and logistical set-up, facilitation, and breakdown of year-round activations, such as game arcades, panels, game jams and more.
- Mastering all facets of virtual platforms and training team members.
- Manage Production Manager and Production Coordinator and any seasonal hires
- Support Director of Partnerships in sourcing new in-kind partnerships related to events
- Manage in-kind technology relationships with partner companies, ensuring the production team has necessary information and access to partners.
- Research and develop new technologies/opportunities to expand virtual and in-person programming offerings
- Participate in Senior Staff Meetings
- Set and maintain team culture within the Production Department, creating an environment where honest feedback is comfortably offered amongst all members.
- Represent the Production Department and liaise with other departments as needed, particularly with incoming partnerships to evaluate program potential against current roadmap and resources
- Travel as needed to implement out-of-town events, including international events.
- 5+ years of experience in production roles within related fields, including but not limited to events, film/video, games, and XR.
- Has extensive production experience on the ground in NYC. Has the ability to oversee “the big picture” while simultaneously executing the small details. Can help craft production strategy and work with a small team to get it all done.
- Should have fluency with virtual event platforms, such as Hopin and Hubilo
- Should be knowledgeable and comfortable handling equipment for events.
- Proven ability to track and manage several projects and processes simultaneously
- Highly effective oral and written communicator with the ability to adapt to a wide range of communication styles.
- Exceptionally motivated, organized and detail-oriented; team player with a willingness to help where required.
- Ability to work both under supervision and independently.
- Experience with budgeting, budget development, and basic financial management.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong commitment to advancing social impact and interest in games.
- Multi-tasking is a must!
- Experience managing small and large teams
- Able to work remotely and on site in NYC
- Experience with media production a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Games for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.