Inside the Haiti Earthquake
Challenges assumptions about relief work in disaster situations.
Inside the Haiti Earthquake is an online simulation that allows users to experience the aftermath of Haiti’s January 2010 earthquake as a survivor, aid worker or journalist. The game is the online companion to the Inside Disaster Haiti documentary.
Inside the Haiti Earthquake is designed to challenge assumptions about relief work in disaster situations. This is not a game. Nobody is keeping score. By playing the role of an aid worker, journalist and survivor, you will be given the opportunity to commit to various strategies, and experience their consequences.
Canadian Media Fund (CMF), Bell New Media Fund, TVO
- Winner – Games for Change Festival 2011: Transmedia Award
- Winner – 2011 Horizon Interactive Awards - Best in Show
- Winner – 2011 Horizon Interactive Awards (Best in Category)
- Winner – 2010 Applied Arts Interactive Awards (Gaming)
- Nominee – 2011 Webby Award (Best Writing in Online Film & Video)
- Nominee – 2011 History Makers (Best Interactive Production)
- Nominee – 2010 Canadian New Media Awards (Best Web-Based Game)
- Nominee – 2010 Social Impact Games (Best Social Impact Game)