Games for Change seeks a Program Manager to play an instrumental role in the design and delivery of programs focused on the use of games and immersive media for social impact. This person will report to the organization’s Senior Director of Programs, and work closely with the learning and production teams. The Program Manager’s responsibilities will support the organization’s established core programs, including Game Exchange, a virtual exchange program for teens in the US and MENA countries that facilitates creative dialogue and cross-cultural collaboration based on students’ shared interest in video games and game design.
This is a full time position (can be remote, but must be based in the US), that offers comprehensive benefits and paid time off.
- Manage the day-to-day workings of the Game Exchange, in close collaboration with the Senior Director of Programs. Responsibilities include: overall program management, tracking of data and activities, program coordination w/ partners and educators, planning events and more.
- Support the design and facilitation of programs for professionals, teachers, students, and other clients that focus on the use of impact game design, games and learning and the design process.
- Create and manage timelines for year-round programs and initiatives.
- Communicate effectively with partners, funders, and general stakeholders
- Create and organize key program materials, documents and assets; develop systems for organizing and distributing materials
- Plan and execute events (virtual and in-person)
- Draft communication materials and develop community hubs
- Track programs’ progress and deliverables; contribute to program reports and data collection.
- Conduct research and landscaping exercises
- Coordinate across internal departments (production, press, design, etc.)
- Support in partnership development, business outreach, and the creation of proposals and budgets for various programs and projects as needed.
- Be an active member of the G4C team providing ad hoc support across additional G4C events, programs and new initiatives as needed.
- Must have 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills verbal, written, technological, and interpersonal
- Detail-oriented and able to manage personal workflow on multiple tasks and deliverables.
- Ability to research and synthesize information quickly
- Experience with learning design of professional development for educators and/or other professionals
- Ability to use interaction design for improved play and/or learning
- Unrelenting problem-solving skills
- Ability and desire to submit work to team early for constructive criticism and revision, as well as ability to give constructive criticism for revision;
- Willingness to travel and participate in weekend events (as needed)
- Flexible, independent and willing to pitch-in where needed;
- The drive to identify, research and explore new projects with prospective clients.
- Familiar with:
- Google Drive apps and Dropbox
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Pro
- Record of handling sensitive personal and financial information with confidentiality
- Experience with Game Design a plus
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Program Manager” to Olga El at olga[at]gamesforchange.org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include your cover letter (which should share what makes you a fit for this role, plus your favorite game to play) in the body of the email.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Games for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on
age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.