Games for Change seeks an organized, proactive, and team-oriented Operations Coordinator to provide support on the day-to-day operations that help G4C headquarters run smoothly. This candidate will not only maintain the daily workflow but help us improve it. This person will report to the Director of Programs and Operations. This is a part-time, entry-level position (3 days per week) operating remotely currently but will eventually transition to working in the NYC office.
- Office management: Co-lead on office space research. Onsite (when applicable): book conference rooms for team meetings, register guests with building security, make sure the G4C office is well-stocked and bring any issues to the attention of the co-working space. Provide general onsite (when applicable) office support such as photocopying, scanning documents, preparing materials/information packets, drafting communications, and scheduling team meetings.
- Ownership of G4C’s Internship Program: Recruit and interview potential candidates for internships or volunteering opportunities; manage intern schedules with their direct reports. Lead on revamping Internship program.
- Applications and vendor forms: Create invoices and fill out forms for vendors, grants, and other agreements to ensure G4C receives and remits payments on time
- Insurance: Ensure that G4C has adequate insurance policies in place, gathering COIs and working with brokers on renewing plans.
- Bookkeeping: Create, print, sort, file, track and email invoices and other documents, as well as track G4C expenses, to assist with bookkeeping and help accountants prepare for annual audit. Work with program leads on program budgets. Manage expense reports and reimbursements.
- Human Resources: Assist with onboarding new employees and our annual Festival team. Assist with G4C’s 403b, Employee Handbook and other HR policies and procedures.
- Miscellaneous: Maintain records of institutional knowledge to share with team members as needed, both online (cloud-sharing platforms) and offline. Supply financial and organizational info on grant applications. Answer and direct calls on our main office line.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Record of handling sensitive personal and financial information with confidentiality
- Excellent grammar, writing, communication skills and attention to detail
- A track record of keeping organized filing systems online and offline
- Familiar with Google Drive apps and Dropbox
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Very responsive over email
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
To apply, please fill out the below form:
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.