Games for Change (G4C) is seeking a Remote Experience Design Intern to support our NYC team on a range of production needs for the 2021 Games for Change Festival. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and driven experience designer, with experience hosting remote events / experiences over Zoom. This is a collaborative role that involves working closely with the G4C team.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C Festival production team (Program Director and Game Designer) in daily activities across a range of festival development and production projects
- Communicate and manage outreach to partners, speakers, and sponsors
- Support event production staff during remote experiencesl.
- Experience in event, festival or media production
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, efficient, and capable of working in a fast-paced environment
- Very reliable, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Experience working with interactive media a plus
- Currently or were recent undergraduate or graduate student
- Internship is offered for credit or no credit.
- Availability (hours per week)
- School, program, and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.