Games for Change is looking for an intern to support partnerships, business development and fundraising efforts for the organization. The intern will have hands-on opportunities to work on projects related to business development, fundraising, corporate and foundation relations, and event management. The intern will report to G4C’s Senior Director of Programs and Partnerships and will also work closely with the Director of Development.
Candidates for this unpaid internship (school credit only) should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support the Directors of Partnerships and Development (and other staff as needed) in research, project management, outreach and communication across a range of social impact video game, esports & XR (Extended Realities) development projects, and funding opportunities.
- Assist with planning, logistics, and invitees list for G4C’s events throughout the summer.
- Help with partner outreach, sponsorship and programming for G4C’s Annual Festival being held virtually in July 2021..
- Research and compile information, including contact information, on current and potential partners and funders.
- Assist on planning meetings and events as needed.
- Assist in creating, editing documents, and presentations.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive.
- Interest in social impact games and education.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (PowerPoint, Google Docs, Adobe) and ability to work with remote teams.
- Strong English language skills (oral and written).
- Strong computer skills and ability to produce high-quality information visually.
- Skilled researcher able to collect, evaluate, and synthesize information from diverse sources, and effectively present it in spreadsheets and other documents.
- Proven abilities for problem-solving, multi-tasking, meet deadlines and work under
pressure, strong follow-up skills.
- Able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment.
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date May 2021.
- This position will be completely remote.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Partnerships Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager ([email protected]). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with business development and corporate/foundation partnerships.
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.