Games for Change (G4C) is looking for an intern to support design efforts for the organization. The intern will design and produce print and online materials to support a broad range of projects and programs, including materials for workshops, events, marketing, fundraising, and more. The Design Assistant will be an imaginative, detail-oriented self-starter, eager to collaborate and contribute to a creative learning community.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Design and production of digital and non-digital materials and assets for various programs
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Strong graphic design and print skills
- Strong visual communication, storytelling, and messaging skills
- Fast and versatile with Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign
- Familiar with sound, video editing and compositing
- Ability to research and synthesize information quickly
- Tech-savvy, curious, and quick to learn new skills, systems, and mental models
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and exceed expectations
- Facility for working with many audiences including educators, designers, students, etc.
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and WordPress are a plus.
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education
- Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task in high-pressure environments
- Able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment
- Weekly commitment of ~24 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date January 2021.
- This position will be completely remote.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
Apply below, and please include the following in your cover letter:
- Overview of your interest and experience with video games and/or non-profit organizations
- Details on any prior related experience, internship or otherwise
- Availability (hours per week)
- School, program, and expected graduation year
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.