Games for Change seeks an Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive support to the President and the Board of Directors. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
This is a full time position (Monday-Friday, 10AM-6PM) that will start remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic. As the public health situation improves, this position will be based out of the G4C office in New York City
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for the President of Games for Change. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Act as a liaison and provide support to the Board of Directors. Arrange and handle all logistics for Board meetings and events: schedule meetings; draft agendas; develop, compile, and distribute presentation materials; and record meeting minutes on behalf of Board Secretary. Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding Board matters.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect the President’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the President to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated. Anticipate the President’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Manage and coordinate the President’s outreach activities which includes setting up and executing mail merges and following up on contacts made by the President to cultivate ongoing relationships.
- Support fundraising efforts through proposal writing, event planning and research.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Answer the main phone line and respond to inquiries.
- Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization including limited office management duties.
- Strong ability to execute work with a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens.
- Significant executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives. Nonprofit board experience is highly-preferred.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Salesforce and other cloud based platforms; ability to design and edit graphic presentations and materials.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including Board members, senior executives, staff, community leaders, donors, and funded partners.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Executive” to Marissa Harts at [email protected] Please send your resume as an attachment and include your cover letter (which should share what makes you a fit for this role, plus your favorite game to play) in the body of the email.