Games for Change (G4C) is looking for Programs and Communications Intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this Fall for G4C and the National Student Challenge.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C staff in daily activities and collaborate on special projects, as assigned
- Conduct research on games, game related programs, articles, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Assist with In Kind donation outreach and organization for the National Student Challenge and other programs
- Assist with managing local partnerships and events to promote the NYC Student Challenge program and other learning programs
- Research new outreach platforms for students and teachers
- Work directly with G4C’s Communications Manager to assist with building a student facing community and social media channels & content.
- Help with other tasks as needed.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Weekly commitment of approximately 15-20 hours/week
- Start date September 2020.
- Position will be completed remotely.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Programs Communications Intern” to Marissa Harts, Programs & Operations Manager ([email protected]). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.