Games for Change (G4C) is looking for an intern to support production efforts for the organization. The
intern will support projects related to event planning and management as it relates to core G4C initiatives
such as the G4C Student Challenge and XR for Change. The intern will report to G4C’s Production
Manager who leads on supporting the organization in cultivating, building and nurturing strategic
relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills (PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs) and ability to work with remote teams
- Strong English language skills (oral and written)
- Strong ability to produce high-quality information visually ● Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task in high-pressure environments
- Able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment
- Technical background and comfort with the following platforms/technologies preferred but not required: WordPress, Jotform, YouTube, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Google Daydream, Microsoft Surface, Apple iPad
- Work with G4C Production Manager to produce all aspects of live events in NYC across various G4C initiatives, including the G4C Student Challenge and XR for Change. Examples of events include game jams, arcades, panels, and awards ceremonies.
- Tasks include scheduling, coordinating with venues, managing Eventbrite listings, researching/sourcing technology, managing database spreadsheets with contact info, and working with ad hoc facilitators as needed
- Assist in early-stage production of the Games for Change Festival, particularly as it relates to online submission form management, website edits, and research related to session curation.
- Assist in creating and editing documents and presentations.
- Weekly commitment of ~24 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date December 2018 / January 2019.
- Position based in G4C’s WeWork offices in Midtown East, New York City.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Production Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager ([email protected]). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following in a cover letter:
- Overview of your interest and experience with video games and/or non-profit organizations ● Details on any prior related experience, internship or otherwise
- Availability (hours per week)
- Location/Where you are commuting from
- School, program and expected graduation year