Games for Change (G4C) is looking for a Youth Programs Intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this winter for G4C and Raising Good Gamers.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C staff in daily activities and collaborate on special projects, as assigned.
- Conduct research on games, game related programs, articles, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers.
- Work with G4C’s Senior Director of Programs and Partnerships to explore partnerships and events to promote Raising Good Gamers and other youth initiatives.
- Work directly with G4C’s Communications Manager to assist with outreach and communications content.
- Help with other tasks as needed.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Weekly commitment of ~15-20 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date January 2021.
- This position will be completely remote.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.