Games for Change (G4C) is looking for a communications intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this Fall. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the qualifications and requirements below.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C Staff (Communications Manager) in outreach and communication activities across range of game development projects
- Conduct research on games, game related programs, articles, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Communicate / Outreach to partners seeking support with impact game projects and lease with game developers, funders, researchers, and evaluators
- Compile contact lists and research contact info
- Compose copy for social media posts, overview documents, and concept decks
- Aid in creating graphics and collateral for social media posts, events and more
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development (production, design, & development)
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects and Premiere Pro a plus!)/li>
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams/li>
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week, plus participation at G4C events; minimum of 12 weeks. Start date September 2020.
- Position will be completed remotely.
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Communications Intern” to Marissa Harts, Programs & Operations Manager (email@example.com). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week)
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.