Games for Change (G4C) is looking to fill the role of Production Coordinator for the 2020 Games for Change Festival. The Coordinator will work on a 3-person team that handles every aspect of Festival logistics and production, including scheduling, volunteer program for the festival, programming, registration and outreach efforts, website management, and staff/asset coordination.
- Supporting the Festival Producer and Executive Producer with information/database management, particularly as it pertains to speaker and session information
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers for the G4C Festival. This will require a magnetic personality and reliable communication with hundreds of volunteers via email and in-person before and during the G4C Festival
- Create, edit, and review website content, including session descriptions, speaker bios, and programming highlights (WordPress)
- Draft/Edit outreach messaging for volunteer recruitment and other festival needs
- Draft/Edit session introductions for all sessions at the G4C Festival
- Oversee content for Festival collateral including paper programs and digital slides
- Help manage the production team for all Festival events
- Complete availability, including weekends, between 7/8/2020 and 7/19/2020
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education
- Strong Interpersonal skills, able to lead and motivate groups of people; a real people person
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills (PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs) and ability to work with remote teams
- Strong Writing skills
- Strong ability to produce high-quality information visually
- Capable of distilling complex/detailed information into concise and easily communicable content
- Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task in high-pressure environments
- Able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment
- Technical background and comfort with the following platforms/technologies preferred: Google Drive, WordPress, Jotform, YouTube, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Steam, Microsoft Surface, Apple iPad
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Festival Production Coordinator” to Marissa Harts, Programs & Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your resume and cover letter as an attachment.
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.