Games for Change (G4C) seeks one Fellow to participate in our XR for Change initiative and gain essential knowledge and experience to position them for careers in the immersive media, technology, and social impact sector. (XR stands for “extended realities” and spans the rapidly growing field of immersive technology including virtual, augmented, and mixed reality).
The XR for Change program is a year-round initiative that brings together XR developers, media makers, storytellers, researchers, technology companies and users to create and share experiences that can improve people’s lives and further positive social change. Fellows will become part of the G4C team and be mentored and have unique work experience while engaging in market research, experience/speaker curation, community engagement strategy, and event production over the course of six months. Fellows will also be expected to generate a white paper study of the state of impact-focused XR to identify areas of opportunity and guide future investment in the field. Each Fellow will receive a monthly stipend and is expected to make a commitment of about 30 hours per week.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a related field (computer science, videogame/XR development), or equivalent professional experience
- Comfort working with and setting up XR hardware, including HMDs such as HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Microsoft Hololens, and Magic Leap One
- Broad understanding of XR industry and it’s growing impact across various sectors, including non-profit, educational, medical, art, and civic institutions
- Demonstrated ability to carry out and manage development research activities across various sectors
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English across a range of communication formats (program reports, research briefs, white papers)
- Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Proactive ability to work independently and ask for clarification when needed
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Compelled by intense curiosity to seek out little-known or undiscovered projects/companies/creators that contribute to the mission of XR4C
Contact: Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 4, 2019
Games for Change (G4C) is a national nonprofit that advances the creation and use of games for social impact and learning. G4C incubates game projects, engages the public through events; connects to educators and students through game design challenges, professional development, and workshops; and supports a diverse community of practice. G4C works with funders, educators and youth, content specialists, learning experts, and creative teams to create and distribute successful impact games.
Games for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.