About this Job
Games for Change is looking for a communications intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this fall. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements. This position will report to the G4C Communications Manager and support various projects relating to social media and community outreach.
- Support G4C Staff (Communications Manager) in outreach and communication activities across range of game development projects
- Conduct research on games, game related programs, tech opportunities and interventions, and game developers
- Communicate / Outreach to partners seeking support with impact game projects and lease with game developers, funders, researchers, and evaluators
- Compile contact lists and research contact info
- Compose copy for overview documents and concept decks
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and video game development (production, design, & development)
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with remote teams
- Desire to share the Games for Change mission
- Weekly commitment of roughly 10-15 hours/week; minimum of 12 weeks.
- Start date September 2019
- Must be located in New York Metro area
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Communications Intern” to Marissa Harts, Programs & Operations Manager (email@example.com). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.