About this Job
Games for Change (G4C) is looking for an intern to support the Executive Producer of the G4C Festival. The intern will support all projects that the Executive Producer is working on as it relates to event planning and marketing. The intern will report directly to the Exec Producer, but may also be asked to work with other members of the team.
Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Work directly with the G4C Exec Producer to help support production and marketing on various events.
- Production tasks include scheduling, logistics, managing content on websites, creating and managing database spreadsheets, researching/sourcing technology, coordinating with venues, overall event planning.
- Marketing tasks include helping to create & execute marketing plan for August event. Assist in marketing outreach for Festival event in June.
- Assist in creating and editing documents and presentations.
- Very reliable, self-motivated, proactive, takes initiative, thinks “outside of the box”.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Keen understanding of social media, specifically how to use as a marketing tool. Knows rules of posting, how to reach people, how to create a buzz for an event. Strong writer for social media.
- Basic production skills; interested in organization, logistics and has great people skills.
- Strong communication/computer skills are a must (PowerPoint/Keynote, Google Docs, etc).
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Strong verbal skills; good at negotiation.
- Ability to manage websites, loading and finessing content.
- Ability to produce high-quality information visually.
- Photoshop skills are a plus.
- Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task.
- Takes direction well.
- Technical background and comfort with any of the following platforms/technologies would be a bonus: Squarespace, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Jotform, YouTube, HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Google Daydream, Microsoft Surface, Apple iPad.
- Weekly commitment of 24 hours/week; May 2019.
- Position based in G4C’s WeWork offices in Midtown East, New York.
- Internship is for school credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit.
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Executive Producer Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following in a cover letter:
- Overview of your interest and experience with marketing & event planning. Please also include your interest in video games and/or non-profit organizations.
- Details on any prior related experience, internship or otherwise.
- Availability (hours per week).
- Location/Where you are commuting from.
- School, program and expected graduation year.
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive
real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and
contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C
Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting
projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills
through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact
games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production
expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for
change to the public through our games arcades and awards.