About this Job
Games for Change (G4C) is looking for an intern to support partnership and business development efforts for the organization. The intern will support projects related to business development, fundraising, corporate and foundation relations, and event sponsorship. G4C Senior Director, Partnerships & Programs leads on supporting the organization in cultivating, building and nurturing strategic relationships and alliances that are essential for advancing and successfully achieving the mission of G4C. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Support G4C Senior Director, Partnerships & Programs (and other staff as needed) in research, project management, outreach and communication activities across a range of social impact video game & XR (Extended Realities) development projects and funding opportunities
- Assist with planning, logistics and invitees list for G4C’s XR for Change (XR4C) initiative
- Help with partner outreach, sponsorship and programming for G4C’s Annual Festival being held in New York City in Summer 2019
- Compile contact lists and research contact information.
- Assist in creating, editing documents and presentations.
- Very reliable, self-motivated and proactive
- Passion for and interest in social impact games and education.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong communication skills (Keynote, Google Docs, Adobe) and ability to work with remote teams.
- Strong English language skills (oral and written).
- Demonstrate strong computer skills and ability to produce high-quality information visually.
- Proven abilities for problem-solving, multi-tasking, meet deadlines and work under pressure, strong follow-up skills.
- Be able to work as part of a team in a constantly evolving work environment
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 10 weeks. Start date: May 2019
- Position based in G4C offices in Midtown East, New York City (with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate)
- Internship is for school credit only. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “Partnerships Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Overview of interest and experience with business development and corporate/foundation partnerships.
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.