About This Job
Games for Change is looking for a Multimedia Intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this winter. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Work closely with the Social Media & Community Manager to create digital assets across online platforms
- Take photos and videos during G4C events and edit these
- Catalogue management for documentation
- Handle CMS of G4C website and add posts to the Games for Change blog
- Brainstorm and pitch editorial ideas about G4C’s featured games and #G4C17 videos
- Occasionally draft social media content for Games for Change’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Occasionally help manage our social media and communications calendar
- You have excellent grammar, writing, and research skills
- Interest in new storytelling modes such as VR
- Good eye for detail and editorial perspective
- Adept in Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and Illustrator for creating and editing images and other digital assets
- Comfortable with WordPress and HTML
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Google Docs
- Ideally, you’ve handled social media accounts for an organization before. At minimum, you have active social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are familiar with or willing to learn social media scheduling tools.
- Driven to complete tasks on time and able to switch gears quickly
- Knowledge or interest in the games, especially social impact games
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 10 weeks. Start date January 2019.
- Position based in New York (with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate)
- Internship is for credit and non-credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Multimedia Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Sample tweet for the G4C program listed above that is of the most interest to you. This should be written as if it is coming from the Games for Change Twitter account.
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.