Games for Change seeks an organized, proactive, and team-oriented Operations Manager to provide support on the day-to-day operations that help G4C headquarters run smoothly. This candidate will not only maintain the daily workflow but help us improve it. This person will report to the organization’s President, and work closely with the entire G4C team.
This is a part-time position based out of our office near Grand Central in New York City.
- Maintain records of institutional knowledge to share with team members as needed, both online (cloud-sharing platforms) and offline
- Supply financial and organizational info on grant applications
- Office management: Book conference rooms for team meetings, registering guests with building security, make sure the G4C office is well-stocked and bring any issues to the attention of the co-working space.
- Internship and volunteers: Recruit and interview potential candidates for internships or volunteering opportunities; manage intern schedules with their direct reports
- Applications and vendor forms: Create invoices and fill out forms for vendors, grants, and other agreements to ensure G4C receives and remits payments on time
- Insurance: Ensure that G4C has adequate insurance policies in place, gathering COIs and working with brokers on renewing plans
- Bookkeeping: Create, print, sort, file, and mail invoices and other documents, as well as track G4C expenses, to assist with bookkeeping and help accountants prepare for annual audit
- Onboard new employees and our annual Festival team
- Provide general office support such as photocopying, scanning documents, preparing materials/information packets, drafting communications, and scheduling team meetings
- Answer and direct calls on our main office line
- Support President with setting meetings, arranging travel and other tasks as requested
- Perform other tasks as requested
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Record of handling sensitive personal and financial information with confidentiality
- Excellent grammar, writing, communication skills and attention to detail
- A track record of keeping organized filing systems online and offline
- Familiar with:
- Google Drive apps and Dropbox
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Very responsive over email
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize competing responsibilities
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C operations manager” to apply (at) gamesforchange (dot) org. Please send your resume as an attachment and include your cover letter in the body of the email.