Have a great game about facilitating peace or an idea for one? Submit it to PEACEapp, a competition that aims to showcase the work of developers who examine peace and promote games as venues for cultural dialogue and conflict management. Send your entry here by the October 15 deadline.
Sponsored by the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations, the United Nations Development Programme, and Build Up, the competition will award the winning entries with $15,000 in cash prizes, an invitation to present their game at the Build Peace Conference in Cyprus, and exclusive mentoring and advising from Games for Change. The competition will consider entries at all stages of development, from prototypes to fully developed, with awards going to five games or apps—three completed works and two prototypes.
- October 15: Submissions due
- November 30: Announcement of winners
- January 31: Dispersal of awards
- April 25-26, 2015: Winners will be invited to send one representative (all travel costs covered) to Cyprus to present their game or app to Build Peace Conference participants.
What Do You Get?
|3 Completed Game Winners||2 Prototype Game Winners|
An international jury, which includes representatives from Games for Peace, the Institute for Economics and Peace, Fields of View, Games for Change, and more, will review submitted games and apps according to three values:
- Affording users a novel experience to engage with knowledge of other groups and issues of identity
- Creatively engaging players in a playful manner
- Enabling connections to key social media globally, in terms of functionality, language and reach