We are seeking a Volunteer & Registration Coordinator for the 10th Anniversary Games for Change Festival. None of our events would be possible without volunteers and supporters who are dedicated to building the community of games for social impact.
This unique position of Volunteer & Registration Coordinator at our NYC office for the Games for Change Festival is open immediately to all candidates who meet the proper requirements. Candidates must live in the New York tri-state area and be able to work in the G4C’s NYC office. Please see the description below and follow the appropriate instructions to apply!
VOLUNTEER & REGISTRATION COORDINATOR
Duration: Immediate – June 28, 2013
Stipend: $1,000 total
- Recruiting, screening, interviewing and training volunteers
- Overseeing the Festival registration process (creation of badges, on-site distribution of badges and registration materials, trouble-shooting any registration problems on site)
- Identify needs and opportunities for volunteer assistance with Games for Change staff
- Understand volunteers’ skills and availabilities to schedule them in appropriate and strong volunteer roles
- Communicate regularly with volunteers through check-in phone calls, emails and personal appreciations for their efforts.
- Maintain database of volunteer data
- Supervising volunteers and ensuring proper execution of volunteers’ roles on-site
Qualifications and Experience:
- Festival and/or event experience
- Comfort in being a positive team leader whose is comfortable in motivating and managing others (younger and older than yourself)
- Experience in recruiting, training, managing and supporting groups of people
- Volunteering and/or community service experience
- Desire to share Games for Change’s mission
- Strong language and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to give presentations to large groups
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems
Please email a cover letter and resume to Ai Ling Loo, Program Coordinator, at [email protected].
No calls, please.